If you believed the Ms Pacman cocktail arcade game was in the World Video Game Hall of Fame, you'd be incorrect. It's been on the shortlist for entry -- it was on the shortlist both this year and last year. It still hasn't made the cut though.
Actually, zero 1980s arcade games joined the Hall of Fame this year. Nevertheless, the judges did choose a classic 1990s arcade game. This was also to games console games, a mid-70s text-based adventure game, and a game that has been packed free in the Microsoft Windows operating platform.
Classic 1980s (and Pre-1980s) Arcade Games around the Shortlist but Which Missed the Cut
The World Video Game Hall of Fame is managed by The Strong's National Museum of Play.
These are a Few of the great 1980s arcade games which have cut at the final hurdle this season:
• Ms Pac-Man -- a finalist for 2 Decades now so, hopefully, indoor playground equipment it will Find the recognition it deserves in future years
• Centipede -- the 1981 award-winning classic from Atari that offered gameplay similar to Space Invaders but with bugs instead of spaceships
• Asteroids -- the brilliant multidirectional shooter released by Atari in 1979 which was among the very first arcade games to achieve widespread popularity
The 2019 Inductees
Here they are:
• Mortal Kombat -- that is the only arcade game to get into the World Video Game Hall of Fame at 2019. Over the years, various titles and versions of the game have been released on a range of different platforms. The initial four incarnations, but beginning in 1992, were arcade just.
• Microsoft Solitaire -- packed in the Windows operating system, it has been automatically installed on billions of computers across the world. Since 1990, it has helped office employees pretend to be active and is currently played 35 billion times annually.
• Super Mario Kart -- the fun and still popular racing game which was first released in 1992.
• Colossal Cave Adventure -- an obscure (compared to another huge video game names mentioned in this article) text-based adventure game released in 1976. To perform it, you compose commands and there aren't any graphics. The intention is to find treasures and solve puzzles.
Hopefully, Ms Pac-Man gets her opportunity next year. You do not have to wait till then to perform it though, particularly in the event that you have your own arcade system. Have a look at our range today.